23 May 7 Tips to Get Your Email Opened
Email marketing campaigns are one of the most popular and effective marketing approaches out there. However, the average person receives about 75 non-spam emails per day, so how do you make sure that your email gets opened by current or potential customers? How do you make sure your email stands out from the crowd? Here are some tips.
- Personalize Your Emails- This is a simple way to make your emails seem more personal and less like SPAM. If you don’t have a really big, recognizable company name, then you will want to use the first and last name of the most notable person in your company into the “from” line.
- Use Each Recipient’s Name- This is an old tip, but one that still works. When someone skims through their emails and all of the different messages in their inbox, they are going to slow down, even for a portion of a second, when they see their own name.
- Use a Pre-Header- You know that small sentence, in little font that is on the top of your emails, right below the link “view this email in your browser.” If someone is reading your email on a mobile device—chances are it is going to be the first thing that someone reads, so make that sentence count.
- Pay Attention to the Subject Line- The subject line in your email is one of the first things that people will read when your email gets into their inbox. Make the subject line compelling, and don’t include SPAM triggers, such as “free” or put a lot of “exclamation points” in the subject line, or your emails will end up in SPAM.
- Make the First Line of Your Email Filled With Information- Put as much info as possible in the first line of your email. The “who, what, where and why” of the main message of your email should be in this first sentence, so it will show up in your target’s inbox, enough for them to get the point of what you are looking to say.
- Keep Your Emails Short- Keep your emails short and to the point. The longer the email—the less likely the reader will respond to your call to action.
- Be Clear and Concise- Your email should be clear, concise and it should include a call-to-action that inspires people to take action.
If you are looking for more tips on how to improve your email marketing efforts and how to make sure that your emails are getting opened and read by current and potential customers—then the experts here at Life In Motion can help. Contact us today to learn more about how you can engage in an effective email marketing campaign that can really help your company thrive.